The Virden Employment Skills Centre mandate is to assist unemployed Manitobans, “Prepare for, find, and sustain employment by providing a variety of short-term employment related services.;” by serving the unemployed and the business community through-out the service area.
Click the toggles below for more information on the different types of services we have to offer!
We provide the following services to Job Seekers:
- Advertise local jobs.
- Job matching: match client’s skills to eligible jobs.
- Computers with internet access for work related research.
- Resume/cover letter and interview skills assistance.
- Referrals to other services for employment and training needs.
- Referrals to Training and Employment Services (TES)
- Career Exploration & Planning
- College and university program guides are available.
We offer the following services to Employers:
- Free advertising on in-house Job Board and referral to National Job Bank. Create job ads.
- Information and referrals for assistance starting a new business or for operating an existing business.
- Contact information and referrals to Wage Subsidy & Self Employment programs.
- Assistance for employers with the hiring process (eligible client referrals, sample interview questions, procedures, etc.).
- Identify needs of employers; assist employers to communicate with the client and resolve any issues that might come up to ensure job sustainability
We also offer the following general services:
- Faxing and photocopying.
- Apprenticeship program information and referral.
- Referrals to community resources and training opportunities.
- A Service Canada representative visits once a month (appointments preferred) *Service Canada will not be doing passports*
- Information on Service Canada programs and services (SIN #’s, CPP & OAS forms, EI applications & reports etc.)